Newsletter is a printed or electronic report containing news concerning activities of a business or an organization that is sent to its members, customers, employees or other subscribers. Newsletters generally contain one main topic of interest to its recipients.
Do you have an e-commerce or a blog and have not yet sent newsletters to promote your business? Then you will not know exactly what a newsletter is and what it does. Briefly, it is still the main tools of SMS Marketing and they generate better results at a very reduced price, when used correctly.
Ecommerce newsletters usually serve a few main purposes:
- Promote new products in the store
- Announce seasonal promotions or sales
- Reinforce a strong relationship with customers
- Help build a community around the brand
Product/Company Update Newsletter
The goal of a product or company update newsletter is to inform users on what’s new with your business (and why they should care). This usually helps with:
- Encouraging users to use new features/aspects of a product
- Improving brand perception (partnership announcements or funding)
- Communicating any improvements that will make customers’ lives easier.
The primary focus of newsletters from blogs or media sites is usually to drive traffic to specific articles or simply provide value and build up the community.